The outcome of the 2014 European Elections opens up new scenarios for Europe's main political and institutional actors. The conference looked ahead to the challenges in the political reform of the policy areas of economy, civil rights, social Europe, energy, enlargement and external action. It also analysed what are the prospects for the election of a new European commission President and Europe's top jobs and the impact of raising Euroscepticism.
This conference was a joint initiative of the Centre Maurits Coppieters, European Liberal Forum, Foundation for European Progressive Studies, Green European Foundation, Institute of European Democrats, Martens Centre, Transform!
- Mr. Günther Dauwen, Secretary General of the Centre Maurits Coppieters
- Ms. Susanne Hartig, Executive Director of the European Liberal Forum
- Ms. Judit Tanczos Policy Advisor of the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS)
- Mr. Juan Behrend, Member of the Board of Directors of the Green European Foundation
- Mr. François Lafond, Member of the Scientific Committee of the Institute of European Democrats
- Mr. Roland Freudenstein, Deputy Director of the Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies
- Mr. Harris Golemis legal representative of Transform!
The debate was moderated by Lisbeth Kirk, Editor in Chief of EU Observer.
This Conference was financially supported by the European Parliament. The European Parliament is not liable for the content of the conference or the opinions of the speakers.